Business briefs, Feb. 6-9
February 5, 2016
Restaurants honored with AAA awards
AAA has announced that several Park City restaurants have been awarded its coveted Four Diamond Awards. According to a press release, the awards are given to restaurants for "providing culinary magic, where passion and artistry are displayed from start to finish." Park City’s honorees were: Apex Restaurant, Glitretind Restaurant, Goldener Hirsch Restaurant, J&G Grill, Riverhorse on Main and The Mariposa. In total, 12 restaurants from Utah earned the recognition. "Restaurants at the Four Diamond level offer a distinctive fine-dining experience and attentive service," said Rolayne Fairclough, AAA Utah spokesperson, in the release. "Menu offerings are typically distinguished by highly-creative chefs using top-quality ingredients."
Hyatt Escala Lodge announces new name
The former Hyatt Escala Lodge, located near the Canyons Village area at Park City Mountain Resort, has announced that it has transitioned its name to Hyatt’s newest brand and will be called Hyatt Centric Park City. According to a press release, Hyatt Centric Park City is among a handful of properties that will carry the new brand. "The Hyatt Centric brand is created for millennial-minded travelers who are looking for authentic local experiences in the center of the destination," said Geoff Gray, general manager, Hyatt Centric Park City, in the release. "Every aspect of Hyatt Centric Park City, from quality accommodations to helpful in-the-know staff, delivers on the brand’s commitment to ensure our guests have everything they need and inspire them to explore the best that the area has to offer."
Chamber/Bureau to hold workshop
The Park City Chamber/Bureau is set to hold a workshop for members about how to make a great profit. According to the Chamber/Bureau website, visitparkcity.com, the workshop will show businesses how to cut costs, increase cash flow and streamline processes. The workshop is set for Feb. 17, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., at the Park City Board of Realtors, at 1889 Prospector Ave.
Trending In: Business
- Talisker Club owners purchase building on Main Street for restaurant and lounge
- High West Distillery sold for $160 million
- Marketplace: Corner Store Pub & Grill owner expands with ski rental shop
- Bill White Farms opens new office, event space
- Business briefs: Stein Eriksen Residences opens restaurant to the public
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)
- Way We Were: A shocking crime in old Park City
- Park City winter driving: ‘mini avalanche’ hits road, a ‘mess’ elsewhere
- Anonymous tip leads officers to large teen party in Glenwild
- Sheriff’s report: Deposits totaling $8,000 missing from Tanger Outlets business