Business briefs, July 2-5
July 6, 2016
Robb Report to hold wellness summit in Park City
Robb Report, a luxury-lifestyle magazine, is set to hold its Health & Wellness Summit in Park City for the second straight year. According to a press release, the event is scheduled for July 14-17 at The Montage Deer Valley. It will feature fitness sessions led by experts such as professional boxer George Foreman III and Olympian Shannon Bahrke, as well as discussions about the latest in medicine and health. Prices to attend the event range from $650 for one day to $1,550 for three days. For more information, visit robbreport.com.
Consumer attitude index rises along Wasatch Front
Consumers are feeling more confident about their present and future economic situations, according to the June Zions Bank Utah Consumer Attitude Index. A press release states that the index rose 7.3 points, to 111.5, last month. The index is 0.3 points lower than it was this time last year. "Weak national employment gains have spurred concerns regarding the labor market," said Scott Anderson, president and CEO of Zions Bank. "But wages and consumer confidence are on the rise here in Utah, where a growing number of optimistic job-seekers are jumping into a thriving workforce."
Real estate agent earns national award
Shane Herbert, a real estate agent with Summit Sotheby's International Realty, has been named a member of "The Thousand Top Real Estate Professionals," a national ranking by REAL Trends. According to a press release, Herbert's sales volume of $135 million ranked him 59th in the country. "I am absolutely thrilled to be named to 'The Thousand,'" Herbert said in a press release. "It's incredibly gratifying to help clients find their dream homes as well as help them sell their properties quickly and for the highest price possible."
Trending In: Business
- Park City businesses celebrate strong season and economy during luncheon
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Utah breweries opposed to bill to allow full-strength beer in grocery stores
- Marketplace: Rime Raw Bar serves mid-mountain seafood fare near Deer Valley slopes
- High West Distillery sold for $160 million
- Updated: Sheriff’s Office investigates apparent armed robbery at Wells Fargo Bank
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- PCMR skiers caught in out-of-bounds Scott’s Bowl
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- Summit County Sheriff’s Office leery of bill that would allow drivers to go through red lights