Business briefs, June 24-27: Alpine Distilling earns honors for spirits
June 23, 2017
Alpine Distilling takes home awards
Alpine Distilling recently won a pair of honors for its craft spirits at the 2017 International Consumer Tasting SIP Awards. According to a press release, the distillery won a Gold award for its Traveler's Rest 88-proof American single-malt whiskey and a Silver award for its Persistent Vodka. The honors come after the distillery won two awards for other spirits in the 2016 competition. "As a new distillery, it is especially gratifying that all four submissions have earned such high accolades from tasters," said Rob Sergent, the distillery's founder. "We have enjoyed an equally enthusiastic reception from our local community in Park City and from highly regarded food and beverage industry professionals worldwide."
Promontory unveils beach house
Promontory, a residential development in Summit County, was set to unveil a new waterfront beach house, the latest clubhouse in the private community. According to a press release, the beach house will provide residents with the experience of a day at the beach. "I've always imagined Promontory as the ultimate place for all generations and four seasons of family activities," said Francis Najafi, CEO of Pivotal Group and developer of Promontory. "Having spent time at the beach with my family, I wanted to bring that type of experience and happy memories to Promontory."
Chamber/Bureau to hold annual meeting
The Park City Chamber/Bureau is set to hold its annual meeting on July 12. According to the organization's website, visitparkcity.com, officials at the meeting will unveil the tourism marketing plan for the next 12 months and will also present the 2017 Myles Rademan Spirit of Hospitality Award. The event is scheduled to take place from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Park City Marriott. The cost ranges from $27 for single tickets to $250 for a table of 10. The registration deadline is July 11.
Trending In: Business
- Marketplace: Together, couple forms restroom trailer rental service Simply Privys
- High West Distillery sold for $160 million
- No Worries Cafe and Grill leaves location, new restaurant fills gap
- Deer Valley Resort chef brings experience to the small screen
- Park City’s Freshies Lobster Co. snares title of World’s Best Lobster Roll
- Park City Treasure dispute: a 14-year saga led to extraordinary vote
- UPDATED: Bob Wheaton, crucial ski industry figure, to leave Deer Valley Resort
- Editorial: Leadership change at Deer Valley marks end of a chapter in Park City
- Kilby Road construction revved up just before school starts
- Court report: Park City woman enters into a plea in abeyance for theft