Business briefs: Love Your Pet Bakery receives national recognition
April 7, 2018
Love Your Pet Bakery receives national recognition
The cat and dog nutrition brand Love Your Pet Bakery in Park City was selected as an American Small Business Champion by SCORE and Sam's Club. Valarie Kamdar, founder and chief executive officer, said that two businesses were selected from each state for the award. SCORE is a network of business mentors. Winners receive a paid trip to a training and networking event in Reno, Nevada, at the end of the month. Three grand prize winners will be named at the event. Kamdar, who started the business 28 years ago, said that it is an honor to be recognized by the organization.
Grand Summit Hotel names new general manager
The Grand Summit Hotel announced that Chuck Randles will be the senior director of lodging operations for Park City and general manager of the hotel. According to a press release, he will also oversee the Silverado Lodge and Sundial Lodge in Park City. He most recently served as the general manager for Keystone Resort Property Management in Colorado. He has worked with Vail Resorts for more than 12 years. He said in the release that he is excited to immerse himself in the Park City community.
Utah Economic Summit to take place April 27
The Utah Economic Summit is scheduled to take place on April 27 at the Grand America Hotel in Salt Lake City. According to the event's website, business, government and academic leaders are invited to learn about Utah's economy. It is hosted by Gov. Gary Herbert. There will be breakout sessions and a keynote speech from Mitch Lowe, chief executive officer of MoviePass and co-founding executive of Netflix. For a full schedule and registration information, visit this website.
Trending In: Business
- Park City looks to approve two food trucks
- Despite snow, Deer Valley and PCMR stick to early-April closing date
- Chamber/Bureau partners to bring women’s business center to Park City
- Marketplace: Tech company Banjo establishes roots in Park City
- Utah breweries opposed to bill to allow full-strength beer in grocery stores
- Deer Valley, searching for parking, tapped garage in Main Street core
- Police investigate man’s death near Park City Cemetery
- Heber resident’s garden sustains an endangered species: the ski bum
- For the Record: Are multi-resort passes like the Epic and Ikon offerings good for skiing?
- Park City ‘roof-alanche’ sends big snow pile onto Main Street sidewalk