Business briefs, March 15-17
March 13, 2015
Chamber/Bureau to hold mixer
The Park City Chamber/Bureau is holding an after-hours business mixer March 26. According to the Chamber/Bureau newsletter, the event, which goes from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., will be hosted by Wasatch Bagel & Grill and Park City Broiler at 1300 Snow Creek Drive. Food and beverages will be offered, and the event is an opportunity to network with others in the local business community. Both current and prospective members are invited but are asked to RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 435-645-7778.
Gas prices on the rise in Utah
Statewide gasoline prices rose $0.36 in February, despite record levels of U.S. oil production and a strong global supply, according to AAA Utah. A press release states the average price for a gallon of gas in Utah is $2.28. However, Utah still is tied for the 14-lowest price in the country, an amount more than a dollar cheaper than a year ago. Typical causes of price increases this time of year are refineries going through seasonal maintenance and the change from winter-grade fuel to summer-grade, which is more expensive.
Taxpayers may qualify for free filing help
Taxpayers who have yet to file their returns may qualify for free filing help. According to a press release from the IRS, the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program offers help to people who make fewer than $53,000, people who don’t speak English, people with disabilities and the elderly. Additionally, the Tax Counseling for the Elderly program is available to help with questions about pensions and other retirement-related issues. For more information on these programs, visit irs.gov.
Trending In: Business
- Park City looks to approve two food trucks
- Despite snow, Deer Valley and PCMR stick to early-April closing date
- Chamber/Bureau partners to bring women’s business center to Park City
- Marketplace: Tech company Banjo establishes roots in Park City
- Utah breweries opposed to bill to allow full-strength beer in grocery stores
- Deer Valley, searching for parking, tapped garage in Main Street core
- Police investigate man’s death near Park City Cemetery
- Heber resident’s garden sustains an endangered species: the ski bum
- For the Record: Are multi-resort passes like the Epic and Ikon offerings good for skiing?
- Park City ‘roof-alanche’ sends big snow pile onto Main Street sidewalk