Business briefs, Nov. 14-17
November 13, 2015
Chamber/Bureau to hold winter mixer
The Park City Chamber/Bureau is inviting residents to attend its annual Winter Kickoff Mixer & Activities Expo. According to the Chamber/Bureau’s website, visitparkcity.com, the event is for members to socialize and network and celebrate the beginning of the winter season. People will be also be able to find out about Park City’s winter activities and entertainment options. The event will be held Dec. 3, from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Legacy Lodge at Park City Mountain Resort. Everyone is welcome and no RSVP is necessary. Food and drink will be served, with an additional cash bar.
High West’s seasonal whiskey returns
High West Distillery’s A Midwinter Night’s Dram, a seasonal rye whiskey, has returned this winter. According to a press release, the whiskey, whose name comes from the Shakespeare comedy "A Midsummer Night’s Dream," is suited for cold and snowy evenings. "The rye forms a beautiful vanilla, caramel and cinnamon base, the port barrels add plums and dried fruits, and the French Oak adds a spice accent," said David Perkins, High West’s proprietor, in the release. For more information, visit highwest.com.
Gas prices lower as holidays approach
Gasoline prices in Utah have dropped 27 cents in October, reversing a trend in which the state had some of the highest prices in the country. According to a press release from AAA Utah, the average price for a gallon of gas in the state was $2.30, which is 85 cents cheaper than it was a year ago, and only nine cents above the national average. "While drilling activity reached its lowest point since June 2010, and 2,700 jobs were shed in October in oil and gas extraction, total crude inventories in the U.S. continue to build and are within 10 million barrels of the record amount reached last spring," said Rolayne Fairclough, AAA Utah spokesperson, in the release.
Trending In: Business
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Marketplace: Rime Raw Bar serves mid-mountain seafood fare near Deer Valley slopes
- Utah breweries opposed to bill to allow full-strength beer in grocery stores
- High West Distillery sold for $160 million
- Talisker Club owners purchase building on Main Street for restaurant and lounge
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Park City police told of mountain lions in neighborhoods
- Summit County Sheriff’s Office leery of bill that would allow drivers to go through red lights