Business briefs, Nov. 22-25, 2014
November 21, 2014
"Being an American company and huge sports fans, we’re honored to work with such a legendary American organization as Major League Baseball," said Mike Kilchenstein, CEO of RAMP Sports, in the release. "I’ve been in Park City for nine years, but have never wavered in my support of the Red Sox. Now all baseball fans will be able to show off their teams while ripping on the best skis or snowboards on the hill today."
Utah’s economy continues to strengthen
Utah’s economy continues to grow more quickly than in most states, according to data released Friday. A press release from Governor Gary Herbert’s staff states that Utah’s private-sector job growth ranks third in the nation, at 3.7 percent. Utah also has the fourth-lowest unemployment rate, at 3.6 percent.
"Our economic growth has been impressive and steady with job growth in all sectors of our economy," Herbert said in the release. "It is a testament to our focus on cultivating an environment for business to succeed."
Chamber/Bureau to hold winter kick-off mixer
The Park City Chamber/Bureau is having its annual winter kick-off mixer and activities expo Dec. 4 at the Legacy Lodge at Park City Mountain Resort. According to the Chamber/Bureau’s newsletter, the event will go from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. The event is open to the public and will allow people to learn about the winter activities available in town.
Trending In: Business
- Lucky Ones Coffee brings drinks to the Christian Center of Park City
- Marketplace: National financial planning firm Elevage Partners comes to Park City
- Seasonal workers without housing in Park City struggle to find anywhere to live
- Business briefs: Stein Eriksen Residences opens restaurant to the public
- Recycle Utah praises Park City businesses pushing for sustainability
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Park City’s Rebekah Hardman competes at All-Star wrestling meet