Business briefs, Oct. 17-20
October 16, 2015
CenturyLink offers fast Internet to businesses
CenturyLink is now offering high-speed, one-gigabit-per-second fiber Internet service to about 1,000 businesses in Park City and Summit County. According to a press release, those Internet speeds are now available to more than 20,000 companies across Utah. "Utah is an exciting place to start, grow and conduct business," said Jeremy Ferkin, vice president of Utah operations for CenturyLink, in the release. "CenturyLink’s strong and growing (one-gigabit-per-second) fiber network in Utah will allow more businesses to operate and innovate more effectively." For more information, visit centurylink.com.
AvantLink hosts charity challenge
Park City-based AvantLink, a marketing network company, is hosting a charity event to celebrate its 10-year anniversary of being in business. According to a press release, the company will donate up to $10,000 to Charity: Water, a non-profit organization that provides clean drinking water to people in underdeveloped countries. AvantLink is encouraging people to link to its Charity: Water campaign page on Twitter or Facebook, with the hashtag #AvantLinkTen. Every time the link is shared — or retweeted or liked — AvantLink will donate $10. The challenge will run through the fourth quarter of the fiscal year or until AvantLink hits $10,000. Visit avantlink.com/ten-year to find the link to the campaign.
Deer Valley to host Navajo Rug Show
Deer Valley Resort is set to host its 26th annual Navajo Rug Show, in support of the Adopt-a-Native-Elder Program. According to a press release, the event is the largest of its kind in the country, and the proceeds go to support Navajo elders living in remote areas of the Navajo Reservation in Southern Utah and Northern Arizona. The event will be held at Snow Park Lodge on Nov. 6 through Nov. 8. For more information, visit anelder.org.
Trending In: Business
- Park City’s Freshies Lobster Co. snares title of World’s Best Lobster Roll
- Seasonal workers without housing in Park City struggle to find anywhere to live
- Marketplace: Bambino app connects parents to babysitters
- Marketplace: Former driver brings Ascent Luxury Transportation to Park City
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- Park City awaits a Friday decision on fate of Olympic bid
- UPDATED: Park Record Building evacuated Thursday after bomb threat hoax
- Winter Olympics: Park City, Salt Lake City seen as 2026 contingency
- Inside the snowmaking process at Deer Valley Resort (photos)
- Slamdance to honor Oscar winner Steven Soderbergh with 2019 Founders Award