Business briefs, Sept. 17-20
September 16, 2016
Parkite invited to national conference
Susanne Thalman, a Park City financial adviser with Edward Jones, has been invited to Barron's Top Women Advisors Summit. According to a press release, the three-day event, which is scheduled for later this year in Florida, brings together some of the top financial advisers in the country. The women in attendance share their insights and experiences. "This is an amazing learning opportunity, and I am thankful to have this chance to network with financial advisors who share the same focus," Thalman said in the release.
Smith's donates to Primary Children's Hospital
Smith's Food & Drug stores donated $1.4 million this year to Primary Children's Hospital. According to a press release, the grocery chain has given more than $14 to the hospital in its history, making Smith's the hospital's biggest corporate donor. The money helps families who can't afford healthcare for their children. "We are deeply grateful to Smith's Food & Drug stores and its customers for the legacy of hope given to children at Primary Children's Hospital," said Katy Welkie, CEO of the hospital, in the release. "Primary Children's is one of the nation's top children's hospitals because of community support such as this, and this long-standing partnership is one of our most important community relationships."
Consumer price index remains unchanged
A drop in transportation prices offset increases in a number of other areas, leading to no change in the Zions Bank Wasatch Front Consumer Price Index from July to August. According to a press release, the index has grown 1.3 percent compared to the same time last year, meaning local consumers are in a strong position. "Relatively low gasoline prices have continued to yield savings at the pump for consumers, and combined with lower costs for groceries, consumer dollars are stretching even further," said Scott Anderson, CEO of Zions Bank, in the release.
Trending In: Business
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Utah breweries opposed to bill to allow full-strength beer in grocery stores
- Marketplace: Rime Raw Bar serves mid-mountain seafood fare near Deer Valley slopes
- High West Distillery sold for $160 million
- Talisker Club owners purchase building on Main Street for restaurant and lounge
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Updated: Sheriff’s Office investigates apparent armed robbery at Wells Fargo Bank
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Park City police told of mountain lions in neighborhoods