Business briefs: World Ski Awards honors Park City businesses
November 25, 2018
World Ski Awards honors Park City businesses
Several companies in Park City walked away with awards from the World Ski Awards held earlier this month in Austria, according to press releases. Deer Valley Resort was named the best U.S. ski resort for the sixth consecutive year. Stein Eriksen Lodge won the best U.S. ski hotel for the fourth time. Goldener Hirsch Inn, located mid-mountain at Deer Valley Resort, was named the best ski boutique hotel in the U.S. The hotel was also in the top three for the best ski boutique hotels in the world. Ski tourism professionals and ski consumers around the globe vote on the awards.
Chamber/Bureau to host hospitality training
The Park City Chamber/Bureau plans to host a hospitality training event on Thursday at the Jim Santy Auditorium. According to the Chamber/Bureau's website, there will be one morning session from 9 a.m. to noon and one afternoon session from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Doug Kennedy, a hospitality and customer service trainer, is scheduled to present on how to better serve guests in Park City. The event is free for all Chamber/Bureau members and their employees. To RSVP, visit https://bit.ly/2DUe0aX.
Deer Valley Resort to host fundraiser for opening day
Deer Valley Resort plans to host a fundraiser during its opening day on Dec. 8. According to a press release, the "Shred for Red" event will raise money for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Participants must raise or donate at least $200, or $100 if they are under 12 years old. Those who contribute will receive a full-day ski pass to Deer Valley Resort, a participant bib and access to an après-ski reception. To register, visit https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/shredforred.
Trending In: Business
- Seasonal workers without housing in Park City struggle to find anywhere to live
- Marketplace: Former driver brings Ascent Luxury Transportation to Park City
- Marketplace: Bambino app connects parents to babysitters
- High West Distillery sold for $160 million
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- PCMR indefinitely closes two upper-elevation bowls after losing lease
- UPDATED: Park Record Building evacuated Thursday after bomb threat hoax
- USOC selects Salt Lake City to bid on Winter Olympics
- Park City awaits a Friday decision on fate of Olympic bid
- Park City police blotter: report received of ski collision from January