Park City Chamber/Bureau aims to spread Park City expertise
November 27, 2015
It’s a scenario the Park City/Chamber Bureau desperately wants to avoid this winter: A family is on a ski vacation and asks the cab driver for a restaurant recommendation, hoping to glean a bit of Park City expertise. But the driver, unfamiliar with the dining scene, offers nothing. The family pulls out its cell phones and turns to Google instead.
To Craig McCarthy and the rest of the Park City Chamber/Bureau staff, that would represent a missed opportunity to make the family’s Park City experience that much more special. That’s why the Chamber/Bureau is holding its fourth annual Winter Kickoff Mixer & Activities Expo. The event is designed for people throughout Park City — particularly those in the service industry — to learn all about what Park City has to offer during ski season.
The event is set for Dec. 3, from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Legacy Lodge at Park City Mountain Resort. It will feature free food and a cash bar, and everyone in town is invited — it’s one of the Chamber/Bureau’s only events throughout the year not reserved for members.
"This is for anyone who is interacting with visitors that has to answer questions," McCarthy said. "So for us it’s very important because it makes a big difference in the overall guest experience that people have when they come here. If they talk to knowledgeable people in town, that just makes for a better experience all around."
For more information, contact the Chamber/Bureau at 435-649-6100.
Trending In: Business
- Park City visitor arrested after confrontation with teens dressed as zombies on Main Street
- Amid influx of nightly rentals, Park City grapples with a changing community
- Tom Clyde: No question which vote on Treasure is the right one for Park City
- One year after a debilitating accident, triathlete Sebastian Ziesler race Utah’s Toughest Triathlon
- Guest editorial: Park City will feel the consequences if we don’t approve the Treasure bond