Park City Food and Wine Classic returns
March 28, 2014
The Park City Food and Wine Classic will return for its 10th anniversary, and event director Katie Schultze said there will be an increased schedule and many more offerings in celebration of its 10th year.
While High West Saloon and Distillery, the Stein Eriksen Lodge and Montage Deer Valley are returning to sponsor the event and provide programming, new backers like Backcountry.com and increased partnership with the Lespri Park City and the Waldorf Astoria are adding to the festival schedule.
"One aspect we pride ourselves on is the great outdoors that Park City has to offer, so it’s not just about wine, food and education but getting outside and enjoying the natural surroundings," said Schultze. "So working with our sponsors to provide more outdoor seminars and outdoor luncheons and tastings is something we have been working on for our tenth anniversary."
The event incorporates many aspects of the community, from a downtown stroll through several local businesses on Main Street to dinner and wine tastings at local lodging areas.
"We like to incorporate local restaurants and lodging partners, because when our patrons are not at our events, we want to make sure they are taking advantage of all the different things Park City has to offer," Schultze said. "The more we grow, the more we are able to incorporate more aspects of the community."
Tickets are now available for purchase, and the prices range from $75 to $195 depending on what offerings are included in the packages. Schultze said many events were sold out in advance last year, so it is better to buy tickets sooner rather than later.
Recommended Stories For You
There are no special discounts on tickets just yet, but Schultze said they like to offer discounts on the packages sporadically and without warning, including a discount during the month leading up the event.
There are also lodging deals in place with Canyons Resort, the Lespri Park City and Montage Deer Valley.
"We are just proud to be able to bring something this great to Park City," Schultze said. "We love working with the community, being able to market Park City as a food and wine, outdoor and ski destination."
For more information, visit http://www.parkcityfoodandwineclassic.com, http://www.Facebook.com/parkcityfoodandwineclassic or call 877-328-2783.
Trending In: Business
- Marketplace: Flowers By You lets florist share passion with Park City
- Christian Center of Park City expands in size and services
- Future of Outdoor Retailer murky as lawmakers seek to rescind Bears Ears
- High West Distillery sold for $160 million
- Five Park City chefs selected to serve at the James Beard House
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork