Park City Realtors trot out turkey drive tradition
November 15, 2016
(From left) Seaton Prince, Nicole Johnson, Mike Holm, Deb Hartley, Walt Pinegar, Rob Harter and Tyler York gather in front of The Market at Park City as they gear up for the Park City Board of Realtors' 15th annual Turkey Drive. Hartley, an organizer of the drive, said the goal was to collect 2,300 turkeys at the event, scheduled for Thursday and Friday, Nov. 17 and Nov. 18, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., at The Market. She said 850 turkeys will be given to families in Summit and Wasatch counties through the Christian Center of Park City. "That's the biggest number we've ever left here," she said. "As our community grows, so does hunger."
Residents who wish to participate in the drive can show up at The Market and donate money that will go toward purchasing a turkey for a family in need. Donations can also be made using PayPal. For more information on how to make a donation, visit parkcityturkeydrive.info.
Trending In: Business
- Despite snow, Deer Valley and PCMR stick to early-April closing date
- Developer says ‘it’s time’ for a Snyderville Basin retail hub east of U.S. 40
- Park City housing plans: oh, the location, or ugh, the location? (w/ video)
- Deer Valley, City Hall suddenly thrust into parking dispute
- Vail Resorts chief, who reshaped industry, tapped for Park City speech