Parkite creates new design company
July 25, 2014
Jo Ann Howa has been in the interior design industry for years. In 1990, Howa opened a small interior design and furniture store in Park City in the Emporium. She designed residences all over Park City, including some at the Grand Summit Hotel.
After taking some time off work, Howa recently opened a new interior design and furniture shop at the Redstone Center at Kimball Junction called Natural Instincts Interior Design.
"We’ve been open for two months now. A lot of people remember me; it’s been a great transition back to Park City." Howa says.
Howa says that business has been doing very well and she has been mostly working on "single-family residential projects."
When choosing products to sell, Howa always tries to find unique furniture and accessories from furniture markets all over the United States.
"I do a lot of research. The Internet has changed the design industry tremendously. Our clients shop online, so we need to try to introduce them to new things that they wouldn’t necessarily find online," Howa says.
Recommended Stories For You
Howa also puts her furniture and accessories together in a way that clients wouldn’t normally think of, such as pairing certain colors together. "I try to do something different and I try to not carry what someone else carries."
Howa’s unique taste is now being showcased in her own line of furnishings, including several tables and accessories.
"It’s great to have the store so clients can test-drive their furniture before purchasing," Howa says.
While Howa does bring in unique pieces, she also tries to keep up with current trends that are popular among her clients. The trends include tufted upholstery, metallic bronze pieces and streamlined furniture.
In particular, Howa says that the interior design trend in Park City is a clean-lined contemporary feel mixed with a rustic influence.
For Howa, this new chapter has been extremely rewarding, "This is my passion. I’ll probably do this for the rest of my life."
Contact Jo Ann Howa by visiting the Natural Instincts Interior Design showroom at 1675 Redstone Center Drive or calling 435-575-0363.
Trending In: Business
- Marketplace: Together, couple forms restroom trailer rental service Simply Privys
- High West Distillery sold for $160 million
- Deer Valley Resort chef brings experience to the small screen
- No Worries Cafe and Grill leaves location, new restaurant fills gap
- Park City’s Freshies Lobster Co. snares title of World’s Best Lobster Roll
- Park City Treasure dispute: a 14-year saga led to extraordinary vote
- Mountain lion attacks hunter in Summit County
- Editorial: Leadership change at Deer Valley marks end of a chapter in Park City
- UPDATED: Bob Wheaton, crucial ski industry figure, to leave Deer Valley Resort
- Kilby Road construction revved up just before school starts