White Pine Veterinary Clinic Achieves High Level of Veterinary Excellence
March 29, 2013
White Pine Veterinary Clinic has achieved the highest level of veterinary excellence following a thorough evaluation by the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). White Pine Veterinary Clinic earned AAHA accreditation after a rigorous review of the hospital’s practice protocols, medical equipment, facility and client service.
"This is an extreme compliment," said Catherine Gryniewicz, practice manager. "Only 15-percent of [veterinary] clinics have had this recognition. We are all very proud of our recent accomplishment"
AAHA is the only organization in the United States and Canada that accredits companion animal hospitals based on standards that go above and beyond state regulations. The Association is an international organization of 6,000 veterinary care teams, comprised of more than 45,000 veterinary professionals, who are committed to excellence in companion animal care. Established in 1933, the Association is well-known among veterinarians for its leadership in the profession, high standards for veterinary practices and pet health care, and most importantly, its accreditation of companion-animal practices.
The AAHA Standards of Accreditation, viewed as the standard of veterinary excellence, contain more than 900 individual standards, divided into 19 sections. These areas of focus include: patient care and pain management, surgery, pharmacy, laboratory, exam facilities, medical records, cleanliness, emergency services, dental care, diagnostic imaging, anesthesiology and continuing education.
Only the top small animal hospitals in the United States and Canada have achieved accreditation by the Association. To maintain accredited status, White Pine Veterinary Clinic must continue to be evaluated regularly by AAHA.
Park City’s first veterinary clinic, first opened its doors in 1987 by Dr. Keith Lund; now retired. The clinic is currently owned by Dr. Dave McDonald.
Recommended Stories For You
White Pine Veterinary Clinic, located at 2100 W Rasmussen Road, can be reached at 435-649-7182 or http://www.whitepinevet.com .
Submitted by the American Animal Hospital Association.
Trending In: Business
- Marketplace: Flowers By You lets florist share passion with Park City
- Christian Center of Park City expands in size and services
- High West Distillery sold for $160 million
- Future of Outdoor Retailer murky as lawmakers seek to rescind Bears Ears
- Five Park City chefs selected to serve at the James Beard House
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits