Deer Valley announces $14 million in improvements, including a renovation of Snow Park Lodge
|This summer, Deer Valley Resort will begin its biggest capital investment in over two decades with a $14 million improvement plan for the 2020/2021 season. This year kicks off Alterra Mountain Company’s ambitious five-year plan for the resort that will total more than $75 million in enhancements once completed. |
Deer Valley Resort’s $14 million in 2020/2021 capital improvements include:
• Beginning a modernization master plan of the resort’s dining experience. Phase 1 begins with a complete renovation of the 100,000+ square-foot Snow Park base lodge, including new retail offerings and extensive updates to food and beverage experiences with a new indoor/outdoor après bar, slope-side coffee shop and bistro.
• Addition of an outdoor deck to Cushing’s Cabin, located at the top of Flagstaff Mountain
• Continuing to work with Gravity Logic to expand the mountain bike trail inventory, including a blue flow trail on Bald Eagle Mountain and a green trail from the top of Bald Eagle Mountain to Silver Lake Village
• New Helly Hansen uniforms for all on-mountain staff
• Additional outdoor digital signage to supplement the signs installed in the 2019/2020 season. More digital signage will be implemented throughout the resort, providing real-time information on ticketing availability and pricing, lift operations, grooming conditions and other mountain and lodge related information
• Purchasing four new state-of-the-art snow cats to add to the snow grooming fleet
• $1 million of investment in snowmaking capabilities including purchasing additional low-energy guns, new fan guns, upgrading control systems and replacing several thousand feet of snowmaking pipes
• Continued upgrades and investment in overall transportation fleets around the resort
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Park City and Summit County make the Park Record's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Each donation will be used exclusively for the development and creation of increased news coverage.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
It was an important decision since the rest of the talks will be heavily influenced by the processing option selected by the Planning Commission on Wednesday.