Business briefs, Aug. 31-Sept. 2
August 30, 2016
Trailside journalism club seeks participants
The journalism club at Trailside Elementary School is looking for fourth- and fifth-graders to participate. According to a school newsletter, the club teaches students about media communication and will give them experience "describing the current events of their world, reporting on what interests them, sharing their opinion constructively and clearly expressing themselves." The club is looking for reporters, editors, photographers and researchers. The club will hold meetings on Mondays through September and October, from 3:10-4:10 p.m., beginning Sept. 12 at the school library. Students can join by attending the first meeting.
PCEF needs volunteers for Red Apple Gala
The Park City Education Foundation is seeking volunteers to help put on its annual Red Apple Gala, the organization's largest fundraiser of the year. According to a newsletter, volunteers are needed to organize the gala in advance and to run it on the day of the event. The gala is scheduled for Sept. 10, but there are several opportunities to volunteer in the days leading up to it as well. For a full rundown of positions that need to be filled, visit pcef4.kids.org. Every school whose parent-teacher organization has at least five volunteers will receive $500 from the foundation.
YSA offers program for elementary students
The Youth Sports Alliance, an organization dedicated to helping youth stay active, is offering a bicycle riding course for elementary school students. According to the group's website, ywsa.org, the course, which is for students in grades three through five, will introduce participants to riding on trails. Participants should already be able to ride bikes. The course will cover single-track trails, climbing, descending, obstacles and safety. The cost is $100, and it will run from Sept. 16 to Oct. 14. For more information, visit the Youth Sports Alliance website.
Trending In: Education
- Education briefs: Trailside Elementary School is having auditions
- Review faults Park City School District special education program
- Investigation: Park City School District discriminated against diabetic student
- The Oakley School announces closing
- Ecker Hill Middle School dual-language students take first at fair
- Report shows slowing sales in Park City area as housing costs continue to rise
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- Experienced surgeon opens Elevation Plastic Surgery
- U.S. Ski and Snowboard seeks hundreds to volunteer for largest ski competition in Park City since Olympics
- UPDATED: One suspect who led a foot pursuit in Bear Hollow Village arrested