Business briefs, Oct. 19-21
October 18, 2016
Trailside students can join chess club
Students at Trailside Elementary School can join the chess club. According to a school newsletter, the club is for students in grades three through five. Students will learn basic chess instructions and play each other. The club will meet after school, from 3:10 to 4:10 p.m., on Mondays throughout November (except for Nov. 21) and early December and may have a tournament in December. Students are encouraged to bring their own chess boards if they have them. Parents can sign their students up and find more information on Sign Up Genius.
PCSD to screen documentary for community
The Park City School District is hosting a screening of the film "Resilience: The Biology of Street and the Science of Hope." According to the district's website, pcschools.us, the film explores how toxic stress, caused by abuse or neglect, damages the brains of children and puts them at greater risk of negative life outcomes. The film also portrays the movement that is dedicated to help children who have been subjected to that kind of abuse. The free screening is scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 25, at 6 p.m., at the Park City High School lecture hall. A panel discussion featuring health and behavioral experts is set to be held afterwards.
Library to host sleepover for stuffed animals
The Park City Library is set to host its annual Stuffed Animal Slumber Party on Friday and Saturday. According to a press release, children drop off their stuffed animals Friday evening, and return Saturday to watch a slideshow of photos of their stuffed animals "playing" in the library. Children who want to participate must drop off their stuffed animals on Friday between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. The event is designed to encourage children to see the library as a magical place. For more information, visit parkcitylibrary.org.
Trending In: Education
- The Oakley School announces closing
- Statewide SAGE exam to be replaced by two new tests
- Education briefs: Trailside Elementary School is having auditions
- With Silver Summit Academy, South Summit provides new option for students
- In new role, psychologist aims to make a difference in Park City schools (with video)
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- Sheriff’s report: Furniture and appliances stolen from Airbnb