Chinese exchange students get a glimpse of American life
February 5, 2016
A group of students, teachers and municipal delegates from Beijing, including Ding Hong, Zhang Xiaoyu, Xia Peng, Hao Yiran, Xia Yu, Zhang Tianyu, Sun Huanchen, Shao Yuxue, Zhou Wuyue, Xie Xichen, Li Danshi, Tan Xiao and Fan Xiaoxiong, visited Park City this week as part of the U.S.-China High School Student Exchange program. According to Val Chin, co-chair of the U.S.-China Peoples Friendship Association, the group visited Deer Valley Resort and Park City Mountain Resort while in town, and also met with Park City Mayor Jack Thomas and former mayor Dana Williams. The group also explored Arches National Park and met with legislators at Capitol Hill in Salt Lake City. Chin said the program, which is in its 23rd year and sent a group of Park City High School students to Beijing in October, broadens the horizons of students and gives them a mutual understanding of the American and Chinese cultures.
Trending In: Education
- South Summit Elementary School sees decrease in bullying with new initiatives
- Park City School District Superintendent Ember Conley announces resignation
- New state report cards show Park City School District’s moderate standing
- The Oakley School announces closing
- South Summit School District leases property while it awaits funding for new school
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’