Eduation briefs: Communities that Care to host event for parents
October 31, 2018
Communities that Care to host event for parents
The Communities that Care speaker series is set to host an event for parents on Monday from 6 to 8 p.m. at South Summit Middle School, according to an event flier. The event, titled "What your adolescent doesn't want you to know (or can't tell you)," will include a presentation from Brad Reedy, founder of the wilderness therapy program Evoke Therapy Programs. He plans to speak about depression and anxiety, peer pressure and substance abuse and how to improve parent-child communication. The event is free and open to the public.
South Summit String Orchestra to perform
The string orchestra from South Summit Middle School and South Summit High School are set to host a benefit concert on Friday, Nov. 2, at 7 p.m. at the middle school, according to an announcement. The concert from the band Shrink the Giant will be preceded by a silent auction scheduled from 6 to 7 p.m. Tickets are available at the door, the middle school's front office or via email at email@example.com. They are $10 per person or $40 per family. The funds will be used to purchase music, instruments and help with funding a paid instructor.
Elementary schools to celebrate Veteran's Day
Elementary schools are scheduled to celebrate Veterans Day on Nov. 9, according to the schools' newsletters. At Jeremy Ranch Elementary School, students are set to perform a program to honor local veterans and active members of the U.S. military. The assembly will begin at 9 a.m. in the auditorium, and all veterans and active military members are invited to attend. Parley's Park Elementary School is also set to have an assembly for local veterans and active military members at 9 a.m., and McPolin has one scheduled for 8:30 a.m.
Trending In: Education
- Winter Sports School sends another class of graduates into the world
- Education briefs: Parley’s Park Elementary School accepting donations for makerspace
- Education briefs: Trailside Elementary School is having auditions
- Park City School District emphasizes mental health, security after Florida school shooting
- The Oakley School announces closing
- Park City road reopens, and customers roll in for lobster
- Petra Butler to resign from Park City Board of Education
- Park City Mountain ski resort still on schedule to open Nov. 21
- UDOT doesn’t have any plans to change speed limit on S.R. 224
- Letters: Park City purchase of electric vehicles is misguided and misleading