Education Briefs: 12/11 to 12/13
December 10, 2013
Winter break dates for Summit County
Schools will be closing for Christmas break next week, but return dates are different for the three school districts in Summit County. Park City, North Summit and South Summit school district students will all attend a full last day of school on Dec. 20 and will not return to school until January.
Park City School District will return on Jan. 6, but North Summit and South Summit school districts will return on Jan. 2. For any further questions, contact PCSD at 435-645-6500, NSSD at 435-336-5656 and SSSD at 435-783-4301.
South Summit holiday activities
The South Summit School District will host several different holiday activities throughout the following weeks before its Christmas break. The first event is scheduled to be held by the high school choir. They plan to host "Tapestry A Holiday Concert" on Thursday, Dec. 12.
The high school band will then hold its Holiday Concert on Thursday, Dec. 19, in the high school auditorium, and the elementary school will hold a Christmas Caroling assembly on Friday, Dec. 20, where each class will showcase several Christmas songs. For more information, contact the high school at 435-783-4313 or the elementary school at 435-783-4318.
Recommended Stories For You
Dr. Seuss holiday performance at county library
The Summit County Library is scheduled to present a holiday classic, "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," on Thursday, Dec. 19, at 6 p.m. The performance, including music, mime and narration, will be held at the Kimball Junction branch at 1885 W. Ute Blvd.
Children, parents and family are all invited to attend. For more information, contact the Summit County Library, Kimball Junction Branch, at 435-615-3900.
Trending In: Education
- South Summit Elementary School sees decrease in bullying with new initiatives
- Park City School District Superintendent Ember Conley announces resignation
- New state report cards show Park City School District’s moderate standing
- The Oakley School announces closing
- South Summit School District leases property while it awaits funding for new school
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Park City’s Rebekah Hardman competes at All-Star wrestling meet