Education Briefs: 12/15 to 12/18
December 17, 2013
Volunteers needed for literacy program
The Mega-Genius Supply Store and IQ Headquarters, a free, after-school tutoring program, is in need of volunteer tutors. The center is open to students in grades 1-12 Monday through Thursday and Friday by appointment.
The tutors will spend an afternoon helping Park City students with reading, writing or homework in a "fun, safe and synapse-firing environment." For more information or to volunteer, contact Jaimie Atlas at the Park City Institute at 435-655-6216.
PCEF ‘Running with Ed’ date announced
The Park City Education Foundation has announced its fifth annual 38-mile, 10-leg race, "Running with Ed," will be held on May 17 of next year. Registration for the race begins on Jan. 1, and $25 will be discounted off the regular five-person team registration price.
According to the official website, six-and seven-person teams will be allowed this year but will not be eligible for team speed prizes. For more information or to register, visit http://www.runningwithed.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Jeremy Ranch Jump Rope Club performance
Jeremy Ranch Elementary School’s Jump Rope Club will hold its first performance on Friday, Dec. 20, at 8:30 a.m. in the multi-purpose room. According to the Jeremy Ranch Parent Teacher Organization, there are 98 kids in the club this year.
Chip Cook, head of the physical education program at the school, runs the club and will host the performance, which will last 15-20 minutes.
Trending In: Education
- Silver Summit Elementary principal recognized as Utah’s Innovator of the Year
- Students learn about ecosystems, service in Galapagos Islands
- The winning word, “babushka,” crowns Ecker Hill sixth-grader Park Record Spelling Bee champion
- Bill clarifies, supports contraceptive education in Utah schools
- Park City parents concerned about new standards-based grading scale
- Despite snow, Deer Valley and PCMR stick to early-April closing date
- Developer says ‘it’s time’ for a Snyderville Basin retail hub east of U.S. 40
- Park City housing plans: oh, the location, or ugh, the location? (w/ video)
- Deer Valley, City Hall suddenly thrust into parking dispute
- Vail Resorts chief, who reshaped industry, tapped for Park City speech