Education Briefs: 12/22 to 12/25
December 24, 2013
PCCAPS new student orientation
Park City High School juniors and seniors who will be participating in the Park City Center for Advanced Professional Studies’ spring semester must attend orientation with their parents on Monday, Jan. 6, or Tuesday, Jan. 7.
Both sessions will be held at the PCCAPS facility located at 1850 Sidewinder Dr. from 6 p.m. until 7:45 p.m. For more information, contact Jennifer Jackenthal, PCCAPS program director, at 435-659-5957 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Defensive Driving course in Heber
The Utah Safety Council will offer a four-hour defensive driving course called Alive at 25 in Heber on Tuesday, Jan. 14, at the Utah Valley University Wasatch Campus from 6 p.m. until 10 p.m. According to a press release, the course focuses on collision prevention, driving confidence, awareness of hazards and improving driving skills.
Drivers may complete the course for a 50-point reduction from their Utah driving record, once every three years. Those over 55 years of age may qualify for insurance discounts upon completion of the course. For more information, contact the Utah Safety Council at 800-933-5943 or visit http://www.utahsafetycouncil.org.
Recommended Stories For You
After school ukulele class has openings
The Thursday Ukulele program with Bruce Christensen will return to Trailside Elementary School when students are back in school in January. Registration for the after school class is first come, first served since spots are limited.
Payment is due by the first class date on Thursday, Jan. 9, and there will be 10 lessons. Classes will begin at 3:15 p.m. and end at 4:15 p.m. in the music room at Trailside. For more information, call 801-573-3999 or email email@example.com.
Trending In: Education
- South Summit Elementary School sees decrease in bullying with new initiatives
- Park City School District Superintendent Ember Conley announces resignation
- New state report cards show Park City School District’s moderate standing
- The Oakley School announces closing
- Park City High School’s dance company to perform self-choreographed show
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Park City’s Rebekah Hardman competes at All-Star wrestling meet