Education Briefs: 12/4 to 12/7
December 3, 2013
Trailside Science Fair and Festival needs help
The Trailside Elementary School Science Fair and Festival is in danger of being cancelled if volunteers to organize and judge are not procured by Dec. 13, according to a release from Trailside. The festival is scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 30, from 4:30 p.m. until 6:30 p.m.
It includes a raffle, food, science activities and a public walk-through of science fair projects. The science fair will be held on Jan. 30 and 31, and clinics will be held after school to help guide students with their projects. For more information or to volunteer, contact Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Second quarter districtwide PTO Meeting
Park City School District Parent Teacher Organization representative Julianne Rosen-Carrone announced the second quarter meeting will be held on Friday, Dec. 6, at 9 a.m. in the District Office. The meeting will be held in conference room D. Those attending are advised to wear warm clothes, because that room gets especially cold.
All PTO board and general members are invited as well as the public, and agenda topics include Sharp Survey results for Valley Mental Health Risk and Protection Factors for PCSD, Dual-Immersion, GATE, the K-12 writing initiative and changes to graduation requirements.
Recommended Stories For You
Ecker Hill needs volunteers for screenings
Ecker Hill Middle School will hold vision screenings on Dec. 3 and 4 with two sessions each day. The first session is scheduled for 9:15 a.m. until noon and the second will be from 12:45 p.m. until 3 p.m.
A couple of parents are needed for each session to get students from classes and walk them down to the nurse’s office. For more information or to volunteer, contact Ann Alexander at email@example.com or 435-645-5610.
Trending In: Education
- The Oakley School announces closing
- Statewide SAGE exam to be replaced by two new tests
- Education briefs: Trailside Elementary School is having auditions
- With Silver Summit Academy, South Summit provides new option for students
- In new role, psychologist aims to make a difference in Park City schools (with video)
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence