Education Briefs: 1/26 to 1/29
January 28, 2014
UVU Latino Initiative fundraiser dance
The Utah Valley University (UVU) Latino Initiative will host a Valentine’s Day dance on Friday, Feb. 14, and the fee is $10 for entrance. There will be prize drawings as well as vendors selling items on site. The money raised will go toward scholarships for students to attend UVU.
The Latino Initiative is working with the Latinos in Action groups at schools in Park City, Kamas, Coalville and Wasatch County. The tickets can be bought at the door. For more information or to buy a ticket in advance, contact Jorge Rodriguez at 435-659-9367.
Help reward creative teachers
Educational supply store School Outfitters is holding The Primary Colors Creative Classroom Sweepstakes from Jan. 22 through Feb. 26, and you can nominate a teacher you think deserves the $2,500 gift certificate for Primary Colors materials grand prize.
Participants can upload a photo of a favorite creative project to the School Outfitters Facebook page, and each teacher will be entered into a drawing for the grand prize or 24 other $500 gift certificates. For more information or to upload a photo, visit http://www.facebook.com/SchoolOutfitters .
Recommended Stories For You
Lego Miners win state teamwork award
The fourth annual Utah FIRST LEGO League State Championship was held on Saturday, Jan. 25, at the University of Utah. While the Park City Lego Miners did not win the state title, they took home a Core Value Award for Teamwork.
According to a press release, the FIRST LEGO League is an organization that seeks to promote innovation, science and technology in youth. Participants create robots and program them to complete missions on a gaming field. The Skeleton Crew from Salt Lake City took home the state title.
Trending In: Education
- Education briefs: Applications open for TEDxYouth Park City
- Park City School District to increase taxes to fund more positions
- McPolin dives fully into dual-immersion
- Bright Futures director recognized for work in Park City Latino community
- Year after overdoses of 13-year-old boys, Park City leaders see changed community
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Summit County inundated with complaints about Kilby Road construction (w/video)
- Punctured gas line in Park City prompts evacuations
- Attendance at Park City Red Bull 400 climbs in 2018 (w/video)