Education Briefs: 2/12 to 2/14
February 12, 2014
Seussville volunteers needed
Children’s book author Dr. Seuss’ birthday is March 2, and the Park City School District will celebrate with volunteer readers in elementary school classrooms on March 3. Every teacher of a classroom that is visited by a volunteer reader will receive an age appropriate book for their classroom library.
Volunteers are needed, and there is a sign-up available on each of the elementary school websites. They can be linked to at http://www.pcschools.us.
Volunteer science fair judges needed
The Park City School District Science Fair is scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 25, and volunteers are still needed to judge the projects. A background in science is not required, and there are various time frames for judging.
Those that would like to volunteer can contact Gina Mason at 435-645-5600 extension 1435 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Odyssey of the Mind volunteer judges
Park City High School is scheduled to host a regional Odyssey of the Mind competition on Saturday, March 29, and volunteer judges are still needed. According to the official website, it takes almost 60 judges to have a successful tournament.
Judges must be 18 or older, be able to attend a judges training session on Saturday, March 8, and be able to attend the entire tournament day, from 7:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. For more information or to volunteer, visit http://www.utahodyssey.org/ootm_website_015.htm.
Trending In: Education
- Students learn about ecosystems, service in Galapagos Islands
- Silver Summit Elementary principal recognized as Utah’s Innovator of the Year
- The winning word, “babushka,” crowns Ecker Hill sixth-grader Park Record Spelling Bee champion
- Bill clarifies, supports contraceptive education in Utah schools
- Education briefs: Parley’s Park Elementary School to perform Beauty and the Beast Jr.
- Despite snow, Deer Valley and PCMR stick to early-April closing date
- Developer says ‘it’s time’ for a Snyderville Basin retail hub east of U.S. 40
- Park City housing plans: oh, the location, or ugh, the location? (w/ video)
- Deer Valley, City Hall suddenly thrust into parking dispute
- Vail Resorts chief, who reshaped industry, tapped for Park City speech