Education Briefs: 2/12 to 2/14
February 12, 2014
Seussville volunteers needed
Children’s book author Dr. Seuss’ birthday is March 2, and the Park City School District will celebrate with volunteer readers in elementary school classrooms on March 3. Every teacher of a classroom that is visited by a volunteer reader will receive an age appropriate book for their classroom library.
Volunteers are needed, and there is a sign-up available on each of the elementary school websites. They can be linked to at http://www.pcschools.us.
Volunteer science fair judges needed
The Park City School District Science Fair is scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 25, and volunteers are still needed to judge the projects. A background in science is not required, and there are various time frames for judging.
Those that would like to volunteer can contact Gina Mason at 435-645-5600 extension 1435 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Odyssey of the Mind volunteer judges
Park City High School is scheduled to host a regional Odyssey of the Mind competition on Saturday, March 29, and volunteer judges are still needed. According to the official website, it takes almost 60 judges to have a successful tournament.
Judges must be 18 or older, be able to attend a judges training session on Saturday, March 8, and be able to attend the entire tournament day, from 7:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. For more information or to volunteer, visit http://www.utahodyssey.org/ootm_website_015.htm.
Trending In: Education
- Park City School District appoints two administrative positions
- Park City School District Superintendent Ember Conley announces resignation
- Statewide SAGE exam to be replaced by two new tests
- Treasure Mountain Junior High teen is named Utah’s Student of the Year
- Police and parents to partner to tackle issues among Park City youth
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- For the Record: Do you agree with the Park City Board of Education’s decision?
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken