Education Briefs: 3/12 to 315
March 11, 2014
Last chance for Girl Scout cookies
Girl Scout cookie season comes and goes in the blink of an eye, but there is one last chance to support local troops. According to a press release, Girl Scout cookie booths will start appearing March 14 but will be gone as soon as March 30.
On March 14-16, troops will be set up at 7-Eleven, Fresh Market, Smith’s and Walmart. From March 17-20, booths will be at Smith’s; March 21-23, they will be at Smith’s and Walmart; and March 28-30, troops will only be at Walmart. For more details on booths nearby, visit http://www.gsutah.org/booth-locator or download the "Girl Scout Cookie Locator" on iTunes or Google Play to find the date, time and location of a booth.
Huntsman Awards receiving nominations
The Jon M. Huntsman family is sponsoring the 22nd annual Huntsman Awards for Excellence in Education and is accepting nominations. Utah public school teachers, volunteers or administrators can be nominated for the awards, and 11 winners will receive $10,000.
Nomination forms can be filled out online at http://www.huntsman.com/haee, and they are due by Friday, March 14. For more information, contact the Huntsman Awards Committee at 801-584-5799.
Recommended Stories For You
Park City loves its school counselors
The Utah School Counselor Association (USCA) sponsored an "I Love My School Counselor" campaign in January and February, and 16 counselors were chosen out of the countless nominations they received. Park City High School counselor Niko Jensen was one of the 16 counselors recognized by the USCA.
According to a press release, Utah’s counselor-to-student ratio is currently 1:350 in its secondary schools and 1:700 in grades K-12. For more information, visit http://www.utschoolcounselor.org.
Trending In: Education
- The Oakley School announces closing
- Statewide SAGE exam to be replaced by two new tests
- Education briefs: Trailside Elementary School is having auditions
- With Silver Summit Academy, South Summit provides new option for students
- In new role, psychologist aims to make a difference in Park City schools (with video)
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- Sheriff’s report: Furniture and appliances stolen from Airbnb