Education Briefs: 3/19 to 3/22
March 18, 2014
Summit County launches essay contest
After Summit County distributed an essay contest to all fourth-grade students throughout the county in early March, County Manager Bob Jasper will review essays and select two winners from each school district. Students were asked to write an essay response to the question: "What can I do to prepare myself and my family for an emergency?"
Those selected by Jasper will receive an honorary designation as "County Fire Chief" or "County Deputy Sheriff" for the day. The county will host three open houses for the winners, one in each district: April 5 at the North Summit Fire District Wanship Station, April 12 at the Search and Rescue Building in Kamas and April 26 at the Park City Fire District Station 33.
University of Utah parent surveys
Dr. Tim J. McConnell, director of evaluation and assessment for the Park City School District said parents in the district should receive email messages containing a survey from the University of Utah Education Policy Center this week. They survey is for parents to provide input and feedback about their children’s schools, principals and teachers.
The survey is titled "Educator Effectiveness Pilot and On-line Education Survey: Parent Edition," and it is available to take in English or Spanish. For more information, contact McConnell at 645-5600 extension 1449 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Running with Ed relay registration
The fifth annual Running with Ed Park City Relay is scheduled for May 17, and registration is open. The relay helps raise money for grants and programs at all schools throughout the Park City School District.
Participants can register larger teams this year, but there will be no Walk-a-Thon. Registration closes April 11, so visit the Running with Ed website at http://www.runningwithed.com or the Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/runningwithed to register.
Trending In: Education
- Review faults Park City School District special education program
- Education briefs: Trailside Elementary School is having auditions
- Investigation: Park City School District discriminated against diabetic student
- The Oakley School announces closing
- Ecker Hill Middle School dual-language students take first at fair
- Report shows slowing sales in Park City area as housing costs continue to rise
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- Experienced surgeon opens Elevation Plastic Surgery
- U.S. Ski and Snowboard seeks hundreds to volunteer for largest ski competition in Park City since Olympics
- UPDATED: One suspect who led a foot pursuit in Bear Hollow Village arrested