Education Briefs: 3/19 to 3/22
March 18, 2014
Summit County launches essay contest
After Summit County distributed an essay contest to all fourth-grade students throughout the county in early March, County Manager Bob Jasper will review essays and select two winners from each school district. Students were asked to write an essay response to the question: "What can I do to prepare myself and my family for an emergency?"
Those selected by Jasper will receive an honorary designation as "County Fire Chief" or "County Deputy Sheriff" for the day. The county will host three open houses for the winners, one in each district: April 5 at the North Summit Fire District Wanship Station, April 12 at the Search and Rescue Building in Kamas and April 26 at the Park City Fire District Station 33.
University of Utah parent surveys
Dr. Tim J. McConnell, director of evaluation and assessment for the Park City School District said parents in the district should receive email messages containing a survey from the University of Utah Education Policy Center this week. They survey is for parents to provide input and feedback about their children’s schools, principals and teachers.
The survey is titled "Educator Effectiveness Pilot and On-line Education Survey: Parent Edition," and it is available to take in English or Spanish. For more information, contact McConnell at 645-5600 extension 1449 or at email@example.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Running with Ed relay registration
The fifth annual Running with Ed Park City Relay is scheduled for May 17, and registration is open. The relay helps raise money for grants and programs at all schools throughout the Park City School District.
Participants can register larger teams this year, but there will be no Walk-a-Thon. Registration closes April 11, so visit the Running with Ed website at http://www.runningwithed.com or the Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/runningwithed to register.
Trending In: Education
- Park City School District Superintendent Ember Conley announces resignation
- South Summit Elementary School sees decrease in bullying with new initiatives
- South Summit School District leases property while it awaits funding for new school
- Portable classrooms, increasingly common in Park City, seen as imperfect solution
- Park City High School’s dance company to perform self-choreographed show
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Record editorial: Take a breath before Sundance, World Championships collide