August 2, 2016
Treasure Mountain picture day nears
Treasure Mountain Junior High students must come to school to get their pictures taken and pick up their laptops August 18. According to the school's website, tmjh.pcschools.us, all students must show up for pictures for their student ID cards, though ordering prints is optional. Students must also comply with a number of requirements, available to see on the website, before being issued a laptop. Students will also get their locker assignments August 18. The school will be open during two time periods that day: from 8:30 a.m. to noon and from noon to 1:30 p.m. Students can come whenever they'd like. An ice cream social will follow, from 1 to 2 p.m. in front of the school.
Park City Library hosts open mic nights for teens
The Park City Library is hosting open mic nights for teens who have skills to show off. According to the library's website, parkcitylibrary.org, open mic nights are held on the second and fourth Mondays of each month, from 7-9 p.m. Students can sing, dance, rap, play an instrument or perform stand-up comedy. People who are not interested in performing but would like to watch the performers are also welcome. The events are not held when the second or fourth Monday of a month lands on a holiday.
PCSD to hold summer math and writing courses
The Park City School District is set to hold several math and writing courses in early August for students to get back in the swing of learning before school starts later in the month. According to the district's website, pcschools.us, there are math courses for students as young as those entering fourth grade all the way through calculus. Most of the courses cost $75. For more information, visit the website.
Trending In: Education
- Education briefs: Trailside Elementary School is having auditions
- Investigation: Park City School District discriminated against diabetic student
- Review faults Park City School District special education program
- The Oakley School announces closing
- Ecker Hill Middle School dual-language students take first at fair
- Report shows slowing sales in Park City area as housing costs continue to rise
- New four-season resort to open on Blue Sky Ranch
- Experienced surgeon opens Elevation Plastic Surgery
- U.S. Ski and Snowboard seeks hundreds to volunteer for largest ski competition in Park City since Olympics
- UPDATED: One suspect who led a foot pursuit in Bear Hollow Village arrested