Education Briefs: 3/5 to 3/8
March 4, 2014
Registration open for Running with Ed
The Park City Education Foundation has scheduled its 5th Annual Running with Ed Park City Relay for Saturday, May 17. The 38-mile, 10-leg race was originally made for five-person teams, but this year, teams can have as many as 10 members. However, speed prizes are strictly for five-person teams.
Registration for the race is now open, and a new "Family Team" option is available. Four team members must be related, and two members must be children aged 18 or younger. Race T-shirts are available with registration while supplies last. To register, visit http://www.runningwithed.com/register/.
Ecker Hill Book Fair volunteers needed
The Ecker Hill Middle School Spring Book Fair is scheduled for March 28 through April 4, and volunteers are still needed to help it run successfully. Volunteer cashiers, helpers, set-up and tear-down workers are needed for several shifts throughout the fair.
For more information or to volunteer, an online sign-up sheet is available at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/70A0E49ACA82CA13-ecker2. Volunteers may also contact Ecker Hill Middle School at 435-645-5610.
Recommended Stories For You
Basin Recreation offers Spring Happenings
The Snyderville Basin Special Recreation District is now offering registration for several of their spring sports programs for children as young as 3 years old to children in eighth grade. The volleyball program for third- to eighth-graders will run April 22 through May 9 while both the baseball program for first- to ninth-graders and the softball program for third- to ninth-graders will run May 5 through June 27.
An Intro to Lacrosse program for kindergarteners to third-graders will run from May 3-24, and the tee ball program for children ages 5-6 and the blast ball program for children ages 3-4 will run May 5 through June 25. For more information or to register, visit http://www.basinrecreation.org or call 435-655-0999.
Trending In: Education
- The Oakley School announces closing
- Statewide SAGE exam to be replaced by two new tests
- Education briefs: Trailside Elementary School is having auditions
- With Silver Summit Academy, South Summit provides new option for students
- In new role, psychologist aims to make a difference in Park City schools (with video)
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- Sheriff’s report: Furniture and appliances stolen from Airbnb