Education Briefs: 6/11 to 6/13
June 10, 2014
Next PCSD School Board Meeting:
The next Park City Board of Education Meeting will be held Tuesday, June 17, in the Park City School District Office at 2700 Kearns Blvd. at 4 p.m.
Educational summer camps:
Students of the Park City School District are now enjoying summer vacation, but the schools’ doors are still open for educational summer camps. Courses this summer include Babysitting Training, Summer Math, Chef School Baking, Extreme Animals of the Sea and many more.
The camps will run from Monday, June 9, through Friday, August 15. For more information or to register a student a summer education course, contact Jane Toly at 435-615-0215 or email@example.com or visit http://www.pcschools.us/index.php?page=247.
Summer Reading Program for Adults:
Recommended Stories For You
The Park City Municipal is holding another summer reading program for adults, themed "Literary Elements." The program began Monday, June 2, and will run through Sunday, August 17.
Participation includes filling out book review forms to win weekly prizes and completing "tic-tac-toe" cards to be entered into a Grand Prize Drawing. For more information or to pick up cards and review forms, visit the Miners Hospital Community Center at 1354 Park Ave. or contact Jasmina Jusic, adult services librarian, at 435-615-5602 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UVU Wasatch DISCOVER Community Ed:
Utah Valley University will host several summer education classes for all ages beginning Tuesday, June 10. Most of the summer classes will run through August or September. Classes include Children’s Spanish, Digital Photography Basics, Painting with Friends, T’ai Chi and many more.
Trending In: Education
- South Summit Elementary School sees decrease in bullying with new initiatives
- Medical examiner finds 13-year-old boys died of overdoses
- Park City High School’s dance company to perform self-choreographed show
- Park City School District declares a snow day
- New state report cards show Park City School District’s moderate standing
- Plan for Kimball Junction re-design will be before Basin planning panel
- Park City wildlife carnage: After an elk collision, a roadside dismemberment
- Court report: Park City man pleads guilty to attempted obstruction of justice
- Park City wildlife collisions involve deer, mountain lion
- Park City swimmer Fischer Caplin selected for USA Swimming diversity fellowship