Education Briefs: 6/25 to 6/28
June 24, 2014
Summit County Library summer event
The Summit County Library’s Kimball Junction location at 1885 W. Ute Blvd. will host a book reading and signing on Monday, June 30, at 6 p.m. The featured book is "True North An Arctic Fable" by Jayanne Sindt.
There will be an interactive presentation followed by a question and answer session and book signing. The book follows Mato the polar bear navigating life in the Arctic on his own. All ages are welcome. For more information, visit http://www.thesummitcountylibrary.org.
FIRST LEGO League team registration:
Team registration for the 2014 Utah FIRST LEGO League season is now open, and this year’s theme is World Class. Each team must have between two and 10 children ages 9-14, and children registered can only participate on one team during the season. Each team must also have two screened Lead Coaches.
To register a FIRST LEGO League team and receive a team number, visit http://www.my.usfirst.org/fll/tims/site.lasso. To register for a FIRST LEGO League official qualifying tournament, visit http://www.bit.ly/18uTFOw.
Recommended Stories For You
Educational summer camps available:
Students of the Park City School District are now enjoying summer vacation, but the schools’ doors are still open for educational summer camps. Courses this summer include Babysitting Training, Summer Math, Chef School Baking, Extreme Animals of the Sea and many more.
The camps will run from Monday, June 9, through Friday, August 15. For more information or to register a student a summer education course, contact Jane Toly at 435-615-0215 or email@example.com or visit http://www.pcschools.us/index.php?page=247.
Trending In: Education
- South Summit Elementary School sees decrease in bullying with new initiatives
- Park City School District Superintendent Ember Conley announces resignation
- New state report cards show Park City School District’s moderate standing
- The Oakley School announces closing
- Park City High School’s dance company to perform self-choreographed show
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Park City’s Rebekah Hardman competes at All-Star wrestling meet