Education Briefs: 6/4 to 6/6
June 3, 2014
PCHS Graduation Information Correction:
The Park City High School graduation ceremony will take place Friday, June 6, at Dozier Field beginning at 5 p.m. A previous article misstated the time.
FIRST LEGO League team registration:
Team registration for the 2014 Utah FIRST LEGO League season is now open, and this year’s theme is World Class. Each team must have between two and 10 children ages 9-14, and children registered can only participate on one team during the season. Each team must also have two screened Lead Coaches.
To register a FIRST LEGO League team and receive a team number, visit http://www.my.usfirst.org/fll/tims/site.lasso. To register for a FIRST LEGO League official qualifying tournament, visit http://www.bit.ly/18uTFOw.
PCHS Debate pushes on to nationals
Recommended Stories For You
The Park City High School Debate Team Captain Katie Kelley has qualified for the National Speech and Debate Tournament scheduled to be held in Overland Park, Kansas on June 15-20. She placed second at the 3A Utah State Debate Tournament and attended the Nationals qualifier, the Utah Debate Coaches Association Tournament, in April.
She will be the first PCHS Debate Team member to attend nationals in several years, heading to Kansas next month to compete in Lincoln-Douglass Debate.
Last day of school early release times
Thursday, June 5, marks the last day of school in the Park City School District, and students will be released from school earlier than usual. Park City High School and Treasure Mountain Junior High students will be released first at 11:15 a.m.
Jeremy Ranch, Trailside, McPolin and Parley’s Park Elementary School students will be released at 12:30 p.m., and Ecker Hill Middle School students will be dismissed at 1:15 p.m. For more information or questions regarding transportation, contact the Park City School District Office at 435-645-5600.
Trending In: Education
- The Oakley School announces closing
- Statewide SAGE exam to be replaced by two new tests
- Education briefs: Trailside Elementary School is having auditions
- With Silver Summit Academy, South Summit provides new option for students
- In new role, psychologist aims to make a difference in Park City schools (with video)
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence