Education Briefs: 7/16 to 7/18
July 15, 2014
PCHS Percussion invited to national festival
The Park City High School Percussion Studio has been invited to perform at the Sandy Feldstein National Percussion Festival, part of the 2015 Music for All National Festival, presented by Yamaha, in Indianapolis, Indiana on March 12-14, 2015.
Music for All is an organization that aims to "create, provide and expand positively life-changing experiences through music for all. The PCHS percussion ensemble was chosen by a panel of music educators from across the country, and the festival next year marks Music for All’s 40th anniversary.
Book to Film Club at Kimball Junction library
The Summit County Library’s Kimball Junction location at 1885 W. Ute Blvd. has begun the summer’s Book to Film Club. Community members are invited to read a certain book and then watch the film at the library.
The next film scheduled to be shown at the library is The Intouchables, based on A Second Wind by Philippe Pozzo di Borgo . While reading the book isn’t mandatory, those that would like to read the book must do so before Thursday, August 21, at 6 p.m. when the film is shown at the library. Divergent, based on the book by Veronica Roth, is scheduled to be shown on Thursday, Sept. 11, at 6 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
Homeschool Information Night
Parents who would like to homeschool their children can have their questions answered at Homeschool Info Night Tuesday, July 22, from 6:30 p.m. until 8 p.m. in Room 133 of the Kimball Junction Library located at 1885 W. Ute Blvd.
The open house event will provide resources and curriculum for review as well as information about local homeschool groups and co-ops. For more information, contact Carrie Piper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Education
- Summit County students collaborate for panel event on substance abuse, mental health
- Park City High School students coordinate survey to understand public knowledge about concussions
- Park City School District to provide master planning update at open houses
- Former Statehouse candidate Meaghan Miller named executive director of EATS Park City
- Conley to remain steadfast
- Updated: Sheriff’s Office investigates apparent armed robbery at Wells Fargo Bank
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- PCMR skiers caught in out-of-bounds Scott’s Bowl
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- Summit County Sheriff’s Office leery of bill that would allow drivers to go through red lights