Education briefs: Board of Education scheduled to host information exchange meeting
March 9, 2018
Board of Education scheduled to host information exchange meeting
The Park City Board of Education is set to host an information exchange meeting on March 14 from 6 to 8 p.m. at Parley's Park Elementary School. According to the district's website, the meeting is open to community groups, parents and staff who want to interact with the Board. Those interested in offering a comment at the meeting should contact Board President Andrew Caplan at email@example.com.
Seats open for Summit County school boards
The filing period for the three open Park City Board of Education seats opens this Friday, March 9 at 8 a.m. According to the district's newsletter, seats are open in Districts 1, 4 and 5. South Summit School District has two open Board seats in Precincts 4 and 5 and North Summit School District has two open seats in Precincts 20 to 24 and 17. Those interested in running must appear in person and file at the Summit County Clerk's Office. The period closes on March 15 at 5 p.m. The primary election is scheduled for June 25 and the general election Nov. 6.
Choir program starts at Trailside Elementary School
An after-school choir program is being offered to students at Trailside Elementary School. According to the school's newsletter, Jennifer Taylor, the music teacher, is teaching students on Mondays from 3:35 to 4:30 p.m. in the music room. Students grades three through five are invited to participate. The cost is $40 a month or $110 at the start, with discounts available for families. There will be a concert at the end of May. Those interested in learning more can contact Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Education
- Mustang filmmakers showcase their work
- Education briefs: Trailside Elementary School is having auditions
- Winter Sports School student selected to represent Utah at Girls Nation
- Elementary students to receive arts education
- Scholarship named after late Park City graduate honors students who have learning disabilities
- Park City Mountain ski resort still on schedule to open Nov. 21
- Letters: Park City purchase of electric vehicles is misguided and misleading
- UDOT doesn’t have any plans to change speed limit on S.R. 224
- Park City Mountain’s ski patrol union negotiates with Vail Resorts for new contract
- Petra Butler to resign from Park City Board of Education