Education briefs: Day of the Dead event set for Nov. 1
October 23, 2018
Day of the Dead event set for Nov. 1
The Park City High School is putting on an event for the Day of the Dead on Nov. 1 from 7 to 9 p.m. at the high school. Dirk Gootjes, Latino outeach coordinator, said there will be two altars, one for children and one for adults. The newly formed Mexican dance club plans to perform three dances and Gootjes will be singing. The event will also include food and games. The event is open to students of the high school and their parents. The Mexican dance club is also seeking donations in order to maintain a permanent club with a permanent wardrobe. Those interesting in donating can do so here.
Chamber orchestra to perform for fundraiser
The Park City High School's chamber orchestra plans to perform for a fundraiser on Monday, Oct. 29, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Shepherd of the Mountains Lutheran Church. Scott Tanner, director of orchestra at the high school, said the students will be performing "The Four Seasons" from Vivaldi. All violinists and cellists will have a solo during the event. The event is free, but the orchestra is asking for donations so the students can attend an event in New York in March. Tanner said guests should arrive about 15 minutes before the start of the show.
Day School to host high school fair
The Park City Day School plans to host its third-annual high school fair on Tuesday, Oct. 29, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. According to a press release, representatives from more than 20 independent day and boarding schools from around the country, including Park City High School, will be in attendance so parents and prospective students can gain information. Graduates of the Park City Day School will be in attendance to share experiences and their perspectives. The event is open to the public.
Trending In: Education
- South Summit Elementary School sees decrease in bullying with new initiatives
- New state report cards show Park City School District’s moderate standing
- Park City High School’s dance company to perform self-choreographed show
- The Oakley School announces closing
- South Summit School District leases property while it awaits funding for new school
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Sundance 2019: Park City drafts cheat sheet outlining the rules
- Traffic signs on S.R. 224 part of in-vehicle traffic app development
- Court report: Henefer man sentenced to 10 days in jail for DUI