Education briefs: Ecker Hill choir to perform for veterans
November 6, 2018
Ecker Hill choir to perform for veterans
The Ecker Hill Middle School sixth-grade choir plans to present a Veterans Day concert on Monday, Nov. 12, at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium. Community members and veterans are invited to attend the event, which is free.
Elementary schools to celebrate Veterans Day
Elementary schools are scheduled to celebrate Veterans Day on Friday, according to the schools' newsletters. At Jeremy Ranch Elementary School, students are set to perform a program to honor local veterans and active members of the U.S. military. The assembly will begin at 9 a.m. in the auditorium, and all veterans and active military members are invited to attend. Parley's Park Elementary School is also set to have an assembly for local veterans and active military members at 9 a.m., and McPolin has one scheduled for 8:30 a.m.
Science fair kick off set for Thursday
Trailside Elementary School is set to host a science fair kick-off festival on Thursday, Nov. 8, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. According to the school's newsletter, the event will address how to start a science fair project. Science professionals will be available to talk to students.
Spanish film screening to take place Saturday
The Park City Film Series, Park City Library and Park City Orthodontics are set to present a screening of Spanish films on Saturday at 4 p.m. at the Jim Santy Auditorium. According to a newsletter from Ecker Hill Middle School, the program will include animated, documentary and live-action films from the New York International Children's Film Festival. The films are recommended for people ages 7 and up. The event is set to last 74 minutes and is free and open to the public.
Trending In: Education
- Winter Sports School sends another class of graduates into the world
- Education briefs: Parley’s Park Elementary School accepting donations for makerspace
- Education briefs: Trailside Elementary School is having auditions
- Park City School District emphasizes mental health, security after Florida school shooting
- The Oakley School announces closing
- Park City road reopens, and customers roll in for lobster
- Petra Butler to resign from Park City Board of Education
- Park City Mountain ski resort still on schedule to open Nov. 21
- UDOT doesn’t have any plans to change speed limit on S.R. 224
- Letters: Park City purchase of electric vehicles is misguided and misleading