Education briefs: Ecker Hill choir to perform for veterans
November 6, 2018
Ecker Hill choir to perform for veterans
The Ecker Hill Middle School sixth-grade choir plans to present a Veterans Day concert on Monday, Nov. 12, at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium. Community members and veterans are invited to attend the event, which is free.
Elementary schools to celebrate Veterans Day
Elementary schools are scheduled to celebrate Veterans Day on Friday, according to the schools' newsletters. At Jeremy Ranch Elementary School, students are set to perform a program to honor local veterans and active members of the U.S. military. The assembly will begin at 9 a.m. in the auditorium, and all veterans and active military members are invited to attend. Parley's Park Elementary School is also set to have an assembly for local veterans and active military members at 9 a.m., and McPolin has one scheduled for 8:30 a.m.
Science fair kick off set for Thursday
Trailside Elementary School is set to host a science fair kick-off festival on Thursday, Nov. 8, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. According to the school's newsletter, the event will address how to start a science fair project. Science professionals will be available to talk to students.
Spanish film screening to take place Saturday
The Park City Film Series, Park City Library and Park City Orthodontics are set to present a screening of Spanish films on Saturday at 4 p.m. at the Jim Santy Auditorium. According to a newsletter from Ecker Hill Middle School, the program will include animated, documentary and live-action films from the New York International Children's Film Festival. The films are recommended for people ages 7 and up. The event is set to last 74 minutes and is free and open to the public.
Trending In: Education
- South Summit Elementary School sees decrease in bullying with new initiatives
- New state report cards show Park City School District’s moderate standing
- Park City High School’s dance company to perform self-choreographed show
- The Oakley School announces closing
- South Summit School District leases property while it awaits funding for new school
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Sundance 2019: Park City drafts cheat sheet outlining the rules
- Traffic signs on S.R. 224 part of in-vehicle traffic app development
- Court report: Henefer man sentenced to 10 days in jail for DUI