Education briefs, Feb. 11-13
February 10, 2015
Students raise money for homeless
Students at Park City High School are working with Aéropostale to collect jeans for homeless youth in Salt Lake City. They will be collecting gently used jeans of any color until Feb. 15. The jeans can be dropped off at the high school or at the Aéropostale location at Tanger Outlets. "This drive has given jeans to over 4 million teens," said Lizy Mutz, a sophomore at PCHS. "This is the eighth annual Teens for Jeans drive, and I’m so happy that we get to be a part of it."
Sign up to be a judge for a day
High school students are invited to participate in the 10th annual Judge for a Day program put on by the Utah courts system. According to a press release, Utah high school students selected to participate will be paired with a judge for a behind-the-scenes look at the judicial system. Students are chosen for the program based on one of the following: an essay, a civic involvement resume or a teacher nomination letter. Applications are due by March 6. To apply or for more information, visit http://www.utcourts.gov/media/lawday .
PCHS to host debate tournament
Park City High School is hosting the 2015 Utah State Championship Debate Tournament on March 13. Classes will be cut short that day. According to the school’s website, pchs.pcschools.us, school will be dismissed at 11:30 a.m., as the whole school will be used for the event. The bell schedule for that day: first period, 7:35 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.; second period, 8:35 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.; third period, 9:35 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.; fourth period, 10:35 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Trending In: Education
- Park City School District declares a snow day
- New state report cards show Park City School District’s moderate standing
- Park City High School’s dance company to perform self-choreographed show
- South Summit School District leases property while it awaits funding for new school
- South Summit Elementary School sees decrease in bullying with new initiatives
- Park City wildlife carnage: After an elk collision, a roadside dismemberment
- New proposal submitted for housing project in Brown’s Canyon
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- For the Record: What’s in your Sundance survival guide?
- Park City police told of issues with Uber, taxi and shuttle drivers