Education briefs, Feb. 18-20
February 17, 2015
Students can enter essay contest
College students are invited to enter a statewide essay competition offering the winner a $2,500 cash prize. According to a press release, the theme of the contest, put on in conjunction with the McCarthey Family Foundation Lecture Series, is: the role journalists play in the changing perceptions of collegiate and professional sports. Submissions of the 500-word essays are due March 6 to firstname.lastname@example.org . Essays must be double-spaced in a word document and must include: the student’s name, phone number, email address and the name and department of the university in which the student is enrolled.
Author to speak at PCHS
Dr. Paul Houston, author of the book "The Wise Leader" will be speaking at Park City High School. According to the Park City School District’s website, pcschools.us, the March 16 event is open to the public and will take place from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the high school’s lecture hall. The event is being sponsored by the district and the Park City Education Foundation.
South Summit School District seeks volunteers
The South Summit School District is looking for volunteers to help with grant research and grant writing. According to the district’s website, ssummit.k12.ut.us, people with experience writing grants or who would like to help increase the educational opportunities the district offers are encouraged to volunteer. Those interested are asked to contact Elaine Peterson at 435-714-8239 or at email@example.com .
Recommended Stories For You
North Summit holds parent/teacher conferences
North Summit High School is holding parent/teacher conferences Feb. 24, though only parents who have been notified by the school that their students’ teachers have requested a meeting must attend. Concerned parents may also schedule a conference by calling the school at 435-336-5656. Conferences will be held from 4:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Trending In: Education
- Mustang filmmakers showcase their work
- Education briefs: Trailside Elementary School is having auditions
- Winter Sports School student selected to represent Utah at Girls Nation
- Elementary students to receive arts education
- Scholarship named after late Park City graduate honors students who have learning disabilities
- Park City Mountain ski resort still on schedule to open Nov. 21
- Letters: Park City purchase of electric vehicles is misguided and misleading
- UDOT doesn’t have any plans to change speed limit on S.R. 224
- Park City Mountain’s ski patrol union negotiates with Vail Resorts for new contract
- Summit County opens park-and-ride lot across from Ecker Hill Middle School