Education briefs, Feb. 3-5
February 3, 2016
PCHS bands to hold annual fundraiser
The Park City High School band program is set to hold its 12th Annual Sweetheart Gala, its largest fundraiser of the year. According to the program’s website, pcbands.net, the gala features a catered dinner, live music from the varsity jazz ensemble, an online silent auction and a drawing. The gala is set for Feb. 12, from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m., at St. Mary’s Catholic Church. Tickets, which range from $55 for a single seat to $650 for a premium table, are on sale at the band’s website. Donations for the auction or drawings are also welcome. Proceeds from the event will help the band pay for its trip to play in this December’s Pearl Harbor Memorial Parade in Hawaii.
PCHS dance company presents original performance
The Park City High School Junior Dance Company is set to hold an "informance," a performance and lecture demonstration to educate the audience about the elements of dance. According to a press release, students will read scripts they have written and perform choreography they have created. Two separate performances will be held on Feb. 10, at 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., at the Eccles Center Black Box Theatre. There will be a suggested $2 donation at the door.
Mobile dentists to come to South Summit
South Summit Elementary School is set to host the Mobile Dentists/Smile Programs on Feb. 25. According to the South Summit School District’s website, ssummit.k12.us, the dentists will set up a mobile office at the school and provide dental exams, fluoride treatments, X-rays and sealants. The service will be provided at a subsidized cost for families that can pay, but those who need financial assistance will not be turned away. Parents who wish to have their children participate must fill out a form and return it to school. For more information, contact the school at 435-783-4318.
Trending In: Education
- Park City School District appoints two administrative positions
- Treasure Mountain Junior High teen is named Utah’s Student of the Year
- Park City School District Superintendent Ember Conley announces resignation
- Police and parents to partner to tackle issues among Park City youth
- The Oakley School announces closing
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County
- For the Record: Do you agree with the Park City Board of Education’s decision?
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling