Education briefs, Feb. 8-10
February 7, 2017
PCSD opens dual-language immersion registration
Parents can register their students for the Park City School District's dual-language immersion programs. According to the district's website, pcschools.us, the deadline for registration is Feb. 17 at 4 p.m. Parents who need help applying should visit their neighborhood schools, while those who live outside the district must simultaneously submit an open enrollment request, along with a $5 fee. Registration forms and additional information is available on the district website.
Day School offers scholarship contest
The Park City Day School is holding its seventh annual Middle School Merit Scholarship Contest for the 2017-2018 school year. According to a press release, two students will receive scholarships equal to half of the annual tuition cost. The scholarships aim to reward students who will contribute to the mission, values and academic atmosphere of the middle school. Both current students entering sixth grade, as well as students who will be applying to attend the school next year, can enter the contest. Students can apply through Feb. 16, with the winners being announced March 1. For more information about the application process, or to apply, visit parkcitydayschool.org.
PCHS students to take ACT and PreACT
Park City High School juniors will take the ACT test on Tuesday, Feb. 28, while sophomores will take the PreACT. According to the school's website, pchs.pcschools.us, students who arrive late to school that day will not be admitted into the exams. Students do not need to register or pay to take the exams. Testing will take place from 7:30 to 11:30 a.m., with lunch and first through fourth periods being held after. Buses will run on normal schedule, and study sessions will be held for students who ride the bus but aren't taking tests.
Trending In: Education
- The Oakley School announces closing
- Statewide SAGE exam to be replaced by two new tests
- Education briefs: Trailside Elementary School is having auditions
- With Silver Summit Academy, South Summit provides new option for students
- In new role, psychologist aims to make a difference in Park City schools (with video)
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows