Education Briefs for Feb. 6 through Feb. 12
February 5, 2013
PCSD Kindergarten No School Day
The Park City School District announced a No School Day for kindergarten students Friday, Feb. 8. due to parent-teacher conferences. The cancellation of normal classes will allow adequate time for teachers to communicate face-to-face with each parent about their child’s progress, according to the school district.
The Park City Cooperative Preschool is scheduled to open to the public for registration and enrollment Feb. 15 from 9 to 11 a.m. The preschool will also host an Open House on Feb. 13 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Both the registration and the open house will be held at the Park City Cooperative Preschool located in Room 205 of the PAPC Library Building. Registration of students will be on a first come, first served basis. After the program is full, any remaining families interested in PCCP will be placed on a wait list until a spot becomes available. Families are asked to have forms ready to turn in before arriving on Feb. 15, but the school will have forms available at the time of registration. For more information, please visit the website http://www.parkcitycoop.com.
Sweetheart Gala tickets on sale
The 9th Annual Sweetheart Gala hosted by the PCHS Music Department and the Park City Education Foundation is scheduled to be held Friday, Feb. 8 from 6 to 11 p.m. at the St. Mary’s Catholic Church. The event is a big band dinner and dance fundraiser for the Park City High School bands and will feature the PCHS Varsity Jazz Ensemble. Tickets are still on sale, prices range from $50 for individual tickets to $600 for a premium dance floor table. To purchase tickets, call 435-615-0235 or visit http://www.pcef4kids.org. All contributions are tax deductible.
Recommended Stories For You
Soaring Wings International Montessori School will open its new campus on the northeast corner of State Road 224 and Old Ranch Road in August and is now accepting enrollment applications for the ’13/’14 school year. Soaring Wings is a private school for children from prenatal through ninth grade and has been educating students in Park City, Utah since 1987. http://www.soaringwings.org
Trending In: Education
- Former Statehouse candidate Meaghan Miller named executive director of EATS Park City
- Education briefs: Park City Film hosts kid screenings over break
- Nonprofit leader intends to pick up mountains of trash near Everest
- The Oakley School announces closing
- Proposed bill in Utah Legislature would eliminate school grades
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Park City child hits the slopes with surgeon who saved his life as an infant (w/video)