Education briefs: Last day of school scheduled for June 6
June 6, 2018
Last day of school scheduled for June 6
The last day of school for Park City School District is scheduled to take place on Wednesday, June 6. According to Ecker Hill Middle School's newsletter, Park City High School and Treasure Mountain Junior High will be released at 11:15 a.m., all elementary schools will be released at noon and Ecker Hill will be released at 12:45 p.m. Only the elementary schools are scheduled to serve lunch.
Library reading program to kick off Thursday
The summer reading program with Summit County Library is scheduled to begin on Thursday, June 7, at the Kimball Junction Branch. According to a post on the library's Facebook page, kids can track their reading over the summer, earn points for reading and redeem them for prizes. A kickoff party for summer reading is scheduled to take place on Monday, June 11, at 6 p.m. and is set to include a drum circle. The event is free and open to the public.
Park City School District to start summer food program
Park City School District is scheduled to start its summer food program at McPolin Elementary School on June 18. According to an event flier, free breakfast and lunch will be served to children who are 18 years old or younger. It is scheduled to take place from Monday to Thursday through July 26. Breakfast is set to be served from 8:30 to 9 a.m. and lunch is scheduled from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Trending In: Education
- Scholarship named after late Park City graduate honors students who have learning disabilities
- The Oakley School announces closing
- PC READS kicks holds first annual fundraiser and award program
- Park City School District to increase taxes to fund more positions
- Education briefs: Last day of school scheduled for June 6
- Tom Clyde: Vail Resorts is approaching ski town singularity, for better or worse
- Park City driver hits two pedestrians
- Senate candidate Mike Kennedy talks DACA, climate change and Donald Trump in Park City
- Basin Recreation asks hikers and bikers for help pulling noxious weeds
- Man charged in May hit-and-run accident in Oakley