Education briefs, March 30-April 1
March 29, 2016
PCSD asks parents to complete survey
The Park City School District is asking parents and guardians of students to fill out an online survey. According to the district website, pcschools.us, the survey is designed to get feedback about teachers, principals and schools. Responses to the survey, which takes about 10 minutes to complete, are anonymous. The survey is offered in both English and Spanish and can be accessed by visiting the district website from any device that has Internet access. Surveys must be completed by April 15. Parents and guardians are also asked to only take the survey once.
Tours upcoming for Ecker Hill Middle School
The dates of tours of Ecker Hill Middle for students who will be incoming this fall, and their parents, are approaching. According to the school’s website, ehms.pcschools.us, the tours and orientations are scheduled for: May 9 for students at Jeremy Ranch Elementary School; May 10 for students at McPolin Elementary School; May 11 for those coming from Parley’s Park Elementary School; and May 12 for students from Trailside Elementary School. Additionally, a tour is set for Spanish-speaking students from all elementary schools on May 18. All tours are set to be held from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. For more information, contact the school at 435-645-5610.
Parley’s Park students win statewide competition
Fifth-grade students at Parley’s Park Elementary School took first place in the Dual Language Immersion Fair, held earlier this month at Utah Valley University. According to a press release, the students participated in a variety of competitions in which they had to speak Spanish, including: impromptu talk, dictation, skit and visual interpretation. Success in those categories allowed the school to win the overall competition. The release credited DLI teacher Irlanda Lamoureux with getting the students prepared to compete in the event.
Trending In: Education
- Nonprofit leader intends to pick up mountains of trash near Everest
- Proposed bill in Utah Legislature would eliminate school grades
- Education briefs: Open houses for master planning scheduled for Feb. 27 and 28
- Ecker Hill Middle School Spanish club to host student film festival
- Park City School District declares a snow day
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)
- Anonymous tip leads officers to large teen party in Glenwild
- Park City storms: Falling snow leads to rising neighborhood tensions
- Analysis: FIS Worlds in Park City: like, but also definitely unlike, a Winter Olympics
- Park City winter driving: ‘mini avalanche’ hits road, a ‘mess’ elsewhere