Education briefs, Oct. 5-7
October 4, 2016
PCSD to screen film about opioid abuse
The Park City School District, in conjunction with the Drug Enforcement Administration, Federal Bureau of Investigation and local law enforcement agencies, is set to hold a screening of "Chasing the Dragon," a film about the realities of opioid abuse. According to the district's website, pcschools.us, the screening is scheduled for Oct. 19 at 6 p.m. at the Park City Library's Jim Santy Auditorium. Parents are advised that the film, which explores first-hand accounts of the effects of drug abuse, features graphic content and language. After the screening, a community discussion about drugs is scheduled. Contact the district at 435-645-5600 for more information.
TMJH seeks volunteers for Reality Town
Treasure Mountain Junior High School is looking for parent volunteers to help run the school's annual Reality Town event, set for Nov. 2. According to the school's website, tmjh.pcschools.us, Reality Town is a simulation that aims to show eighth-grade students what the financial responsibilities of adult life are like. Students are given a career and a salary and must stay under their budgets while purchasing the essentials of life. The school is seeking about 180 volunteers for two sessions: 7:45-10:30 a.m. and 10:45 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. For more information, or to sign up, contact Mark Klismith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PCHS students can prep for graduation
Park City High School seniors can meet with Jostens, a company that makes graduation arrangements, Oct. 12. According to the school's website, pchs.pcschools.us, the company will be at the school to talk about things such as caps and gowns and graduation announcements. Students will receive order forms at that time. The event is scheduled for 9-9:30 a.m. in the Eccles Center, and seniors will be let out of class during that time.
Trending In: Education
- The Oakley School announces closing
- Statewide SAGE exam to be replaced by two new tests
- Education briefs: Trailside Elementary School is having auditions
- With Silver Summit Academy, South Summit provides new option for students
- In new role, psychologist aims to make a difference in Park City schools (with video)
- For the Record: What impact would another Winter Olympics have on Park City?
- 14-year old Parkite Troy Podmilsak featured in Under Armour commercial
- Developer signals plan to submit new application for controversial Park City event space
- UPDATED: USOC visits Park City, Salt Lake City as bid race narrows
- Attorney for 17-year-old accused of procuring illegal drugs seeks motion to suppress evidence