Education briefs: Parley’s Park Elementary School accepting donations for makerspace
November 20, 2018
Parley's Park Elementary School accepting donations for makerspace
Parley's Park Elementary School is accepting donations for its makerspace, according to the school's newsletter. Kassie Deckard, who manages the makerspace at the school, is asking for corks, old plastic bins, shoe boxes, newspapers and craft supplies. Donations can be brought to the makerspace or the front office. Direct questions to email@example.com.
Trailside Elementary School set for auditions
Trailside Elementary School is set to have auditions for the play "Peter and Wendy" on Monday from 3:30 to 5 p.m. in the gym, according to the school's newsletter. Auditions are scheduled to take place throughout the week, and participating students must be present for all rehearsals. The show is scheduled for Dec. 1 at 3 p.m. All students in the school are invited to participate. Direct questions to Jessica Ho at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family mental health support group to meet Dec. 11
CONNECT Summit County is set to host a family mental health support group meeting on Dec. 11 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the Shepherd of the Mountains Lutheran Church in Park City. According to the nonprofit's website, the meeting is offered by NAMI Wasatch/Summit, the local organization of National Alliance on Mental Illness. It is free to attend and open to families helping other family members with mental health challenges. Meetings are scheduled to take place every month. For more information, contact Wendy Johnson, the family support group facilitator, at email@example.com.
Trending In: Education
- Former Statehouse candidate Meaghan Miller named executive director of EATS Park City
- Education briefs: Park City Film hosts kid screenings over break
- Nonprofit leader intends to pick up mountains of trash near Everest
- The Oakley School announces closing
- Statewide SAGE exam to be replaced by two new tests
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Park City grocer will shun plastic bags regardless of Utah lawmakers