Education briefs: PC READS to host first fundraiser event
May 17, 2018
PC READS to host first fundraiser event
The nonprofit Park City READS plans to host its first fundraiser event entitled Gin and Phonics. According to an event flier, the event is scheduled to take place on June 9 at 6 p.m. at Temple Har Shalom. During the event, PC READS will award its first annual Elevating Literacy Award to Katherine Martz. There will be an auction at the event as well. The cost to attend the event is $75. Those wishing to attend must RSVP by May 30 by visiting this site.
McPolin Elementary's bike club to repair bikes
McPolin Elementary School and Storm Cycles plan to partner to help individuals fix their bicycles on Friday, May 18. Joe Dvorak, who leads the bike club at the school, said that the event is part of Park City's Bike to Work, School and Play Day. The students in the bike club will clean bikes and help fix flat tires or perform other quick repairs. Leading up to the event, they have been collecting bikes from students and teachers and doing free bike tune-ups. The students will be at the playground during a bike rodeo that Dvorak said is set to take place at the school in the afternoon.
Parley's Park to host international arts festival
Parley's Park Elementary School is set to host its third annual international arts festival on May 24. According to the district's newsletter, the event will feature dance, spoken word, visual arts, technology and music. It is set to take place from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the school. The event will be similar to a museum stroll and will include use of the entire school grounds, including indoor and outdoor stages. The festival highlights partnerships with the Elementary Visual Arts (EVA) program, Kimball Art Center, Park City Education Foundation, the Beverley Taylor Sorenson Arts Learning Program and Arts Youth Empowerment.
Trending In: Education
- Students learn about ecosystems, service in Galapagos Islands
- Silver Summit Elementary principal recognized as Utah’s Innovator of the Year
- Education briefs: Parley’s Park Elementary School to perform Beauty and the Beast Jr.
- Park City parents concerned about new standards-based grading scale
- The winning word, “babushka,” crowns Ecker Hill sixth-grader Park Record Spelling Bee champion
- Despite snow, Deer Valley and PCMR stick to early-April closing date
- Developer says ‘it’s time’ for a Snyderville Basin retail hub east of U.S. 40
- Vail Resorts chief, who reshaped industry, tapped for Park City speech
- Park City housing plans: oh, the location, or ugh, the location? (w/ video)
- Park City police told of homeless cases, including along Main Street