Education briefs: Registration open for Running with Ed
February 6, 2019
Registration open for Running with Ed
Early bird registration is open for Running with Ed, the Park City Education Foundation's fundraiser race. According to a flier, the race is set to take place on May 18. Running with Ed is a 10-leg, 38-mile relay race around Park City. Five to 10 people per team can sign up for the race. All proceeds go to the foundation, which helps fund programs within the Park City School District. The school with the highest participation will be presented with a cash donation from Vail Resorts' Epic Promise Foundation. The cost to register is $85 a person, and the cost is set to increase $10 on Feb. 28. To register, visit runningwithed.com/.
Mr. Miner set to take place on Valentine's Day
Park City High School's Dance Company is set to host its annual fundraiser on Feb. 14, according to a school newsletter. Mr. Miner 2019 is scheduled to take place at 7 p.m. in the Eccles Center. Male high school students will compete in a pageant-like performance with the dance company and one teen will be named Mr. Miner. The theme for this year's event is Men of Romance. Proceeds from the event will go toward the dance company. Tickets are $10 in advance or $12 at the door.
Family collecting donations for hospital
The Coyne Family is asking for new 6-inch Beanie Boo stuffed animal donations to give to the Park City Hospital in memory of their daughter, Mackenzie. According to a newsletter from Trailside Elementary School, a collection box will be placed in the lobby of the school throughout the end of the month. The Beanie Boos will be given to children that need medical attention in the emergency room. Mackenzie was a second-grade student at Trailside Elementary when she died of influenza in February of 2016. Please direct any questions to Michelle Coyne at 913-488-5545.
Trending In: Education
- Summit County students collaborate for panel event on substance abuse, mental health
- Former Statehouse candidate Meaghan Miller named executive director of EATS Park City
- Park City High School students coordinate survey to understand public knowledge about concussions
- Education briefs: Park City Film hosts kid screenings over break
- Park City School District to provide master planning update at open houses
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Updated: Sheriff’s Office investigates apparent armed robbery at Wells Fargo Bank
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Park City police told of mountain lions in neighborhoods