Education briefs: School bells will ring in Summit County
August 15, 2017
School bells will ring in Summit County
Schools in Summit County are readying for another year. The South Summit School District is scheduled to be the first back in session, with classes at the middle and high schools beginning Wednesday, Aug. 23. South Summit Elementary School will begin two days later, on Friday. The Park City and North Summit school districts are both scheduled to start classes Thursday, Aug. 24. However, kindergarten won't begin in Park City until the following Monday, Aug. 28. More information, including school contact information, can be found at the districts' respective websites: Park City, pcschools.us; South Summit, ssummit.org; North Summit, nsummit.org.
Dyslexia awareness nonprofit seeks help
Park City READS, a nonprofit that aims to raise awareness about reading disabilities like dyslexia within the Park City community, is accepting applications for its advocate program through September 10th. Selected participants will complete training through The Dyslexia Training Institute and provide professional advocate services to local families. Those interested can email firstname.lastname@example.org. This program is supported by a grant from the Park City Community Foundation. For more information about the nonprofit, visit parkcityreads.org.
Park City Museum to hold Civil War lecture
The Park City Museum is scheduled to hold a lecture about General William Tecumseh Sherman's march through the South. According to a newsletter, Steve Reggentin, a part-time Park City resident and a member of the Arizona Civil War Club, will present a lecture called "Lincoln and Sherman's March to the Sea." The presentation will discuss Lincoln's approval of the march and the destruction is caused. is scheduled for Wednesday, Aug. 23, from 5 to 6 p.m. in the museum's conference room. More information about the lecture is available at the museum's website, parkcityhistory.org.
Trending In: Education
- Winter Sports School sends another class of graduates into the world
- Education briefs: Parley’s Park Elementary School accepting donations for makerspace
- The Oakley School announces closing
- Education briefs: Trailside Elementary School is having auditions
- Park City School District emphasizes mental health, security after Florida school shooting
- Park City road reopens, and customers roll in for lobster
- Park City Mountain ski resort still on schedule to open Nov. 21
- Petra Butler to resign from Park City Board of Education
- UDOT doesn’t have any plans to change speed limit on S.R. 224
- Letters: Park City purchase of electric vehicles is misguided and misleading