Education briefs: Science and Engineering Fair to open registration
January 10, 2018
Science and Engineering Fair to open registration
The Park City School District Science and Engineering Fair will open its registration to all sixth- and seventh-graders on Jan. 18. According to Ecker Hill Middle School's newsletter, projects can be submitted by individuals, or groups of up to three students. Projects will be due on Feb. 14 at 4:30 p.m. at the LDS church on Monitor Drive. Judging will take place on Feb. 15 from 9 to 11 a.m. District winners will move on to the regional fair scheduled for March. Those interested must register online. Refer questions to email@example.com.
Lunch and learn to focus on suicide prevention
The Park City School District is planning to host a lunch and learn on Wednesday, Jan. 17, from 12:15 to 1 p.m. at the district office. According to the district's website, the lunch and learn will focus on QPR (Question, Persuade, Refer) training for parents, which is a method of suicide prevention. All parents are invited to attend. Kathy Day from Valley Behavioral Health is scheduled to present at the event.
Treasure Mountain to start Money Club
Treasure Mountain Junior High is starting an after-school Money Club. Elaine Murray, PTO co-president for the school, started the club because she wanted students to learn how to start a business, earn money and spend it. Professionals will present to club members and help the students turn an idea into a business. "The whole point is to give them courage, confidence and the track record to say, 'I've done it before so I can do it again,'" she said. The club is set to start meeting on Jan. 25 and will meet every Thursday from 2:30 to 3:45 p.m. It is open and free for all eighth- and ninth-grade students. Those interested should contact Murray at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Education
- Students learn about ecosystems, service in Galapagos Islands
- Silver Summit Elementary principal recognized as Utah’s Innovator of the Year
- Education briefs: Parley’s Park Elementary School to perform Beauty and the Beast Jr.
- Park City parents concerned about new standards-based grading scale
- The winning word, “babushka,” crowns Ecker Hill sixth-grader Park Record Spelling Bee champion
- Despite snow, Deer Valley and PCMR stick to early-April closing date
- Developer says ‘it’s time’ for a Snyderville Basin retail hub east of U.S. 40
- Vail Resorts chief, who reshaped industry, tapped for Park City speech
- Park City housing plans: oh, the location, or ugh, the location? (w/ video)
- Park City police told of homeless cases, including along Main Street